Read our Blog
Keep up-to-date with whats happening within the property market on Costa del Sol.Go
Fill out the form to get in touch
The Costa del Sol offers one of the best climates, lifestyles and gastronomy in the world, within easy reach of Europe, the UK and Scandinavia, and we love living here. As long term rental specialists, it’s brilliant to be able to give people a chance to start a new life here, without too much commitment, and to see them thrive. To give you an insight into why we think it’s a great choice, we’ve listed our top 5 reasons to live on the Costa del Sol
This is an area with a huge amount of different nationalities living side by side with the Spanish who were lucky enough to be born here. The British in particular have been moving here in their thousands since the 1960s when Marbella became a favourite with the international jet set and package holidays made travelling abroad affordable.
So why is it that all these British “expats” choose to call the Costa del Sol home? Here are the main reasons we think it’s such an expat paradise –
- The weather is so different to the rain, grey and cold we’re used to in the UK and the wonderful quality of light, endless sunny days and blue skies lift our spirits and make us never want to return home.
- The cost of living is so much lower than the UK, especially if you live in the big cities. Costa del Sol long term rentals can be found from as low as 400€ per month, a fraction of the cost of renting somewhere like London or Manchester. Plus, petrol, alcohol and eating out are all much, much cheaper, so you can have a much better standard of life for much less.
- You can still find all the English favourites of tea, marmite, traditional biscuits and sweets in your local supermarket. If you’re looking for something unusual then Iceland will normally stock it, or you’re just a short trip away from Gibraltar and the big English supermarket there. Spanish food is amazing, but if you’re going to call somewhere home then it is nice to be able to buy your favourite foods, go to an English café for a fry up or fish and chips when you want to, and the Costa del Sol has everything you can want.
- Most people speak English and local Town Halls and service providers are set up to deal with English people who don’t speak Spanish. Whilst we always encourage people to try to learn the language, it is brilliant that the English speaking community is so well supported.
- There are loads of excellent international schools for expat families. This means you can keep your options open and allow your kids to follow the English curriculum or the international baccalaureate system, but still give them an amazing place to grow up and the chance to be bilingual.
- It’s easy to get back to the UK to see family and friends, or even to do business. With low cost airlines flying into Malaga and Gibraltar regularly, people even commute from Spain! The short distance and low price tag means that you don’t feel cut off or isolated and you’re sure to get plenty of visitors as everyone loves the Costa del Sol!!!!
- There’s a strong international community of like-minded individuals who welcome new arrivals with open arms and go out of their way to help them and make them feel at home. You can find friends who speak your language and have similar interests and beliefs really easily by joining clubs, networking, taking Spanish lessons and getting involved in the expat community.
Now we’re not saying that moving to a foreign country is easy, but the Costa del Sol is one of the easiest places to relocate to if you want to make a change and give yourself a better standard of living. We can help you start the ball rolling by finding you an affordable Costa del Sol long term rental in an area which fits with what you want your new lifestyle to be. We’ve all made the move so we know the pitfalls and have even written this article on how to make life on the Costa del Sol work for you to make it even easier. Don’t wonder what if, take the plunge and try it out – you can always go back!
Hope to see you here in 2016, let us know how we can help.