Read our Blog
Keep up-to-date with whats happening within the property market on Costa del Sol.Go
Fill out the form to get in touch
When you move to a new country and start a new life it can be easy to feel a bit lost and disconnected from your local community. But if you are renting long term on the Costa del Sol there are loads of great clubs, societies and charities that you can join, make friends, have fun and in the case of the charities, make a real difference to those in need.
One of those charities who have been calling out for the help of volunteers is the Age Care Association. This is a charity that helps the local older English speaking community on the Costa del Sol and has drop in centres in Calahonda, Los Boliches and Benalmadena. They are looking for volunteers to do home visits, arrange quizzes and larger events and to man the advice centre in Calahonda. This is a great way to get to know people and do something really good in the process, call 952 933 409 or email email@example.com for more information.
There are a wide range of organisations you can join depending on your age, interests and where you live. Here are just a few great groups to join which can help you settle into the area –
- Costa Women – Online community which also holds regular meetings in Calahonda and Marbella
- British Society – Alan Peel 952 590 795 Benalmadena Pueblo firstname.lastname@example.org
- U3A – University of the Third Age Fuengirola 952 577 671 email@example.com A programme of interesting talks and events to keep the mind active
- Rotary Club Benalmadena 952 441 440 – Fuengirola firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lions Club Spain – This Charity has branches all over the Costa del Sol including Torremolinos and La Cala de Mijas
Please let us know if you can recommend any clubs and societies on the Costa del Sol.