If you’re a Brit living on the Costa del Sol, you need to know where to look for the right support, help and advice to make your move a success. Here are our recommendations on organisations and businesses there to help you.
- The British Embassy – We have just got a new British Ambassador to Spain, with Hugh Elliot taking up his post in Madrid this month and meeting with the Spanish King to present his credentials. Hugh and his team are available to help British expats in Spain and they have been working hard to offer information and advice ahead of Brexit on the 31st of October. They have an excellent web page which is regularly updated with official advice and practical steps on what you should do regarding Brexit and other aspects of living in Spain. Visit the Living in Spain Guide or join the Brits in Spain community on Facebook.
- Town Hall Foreign Residents Departments – Every Town Hall along the Costa del Sol has an “extranjeros” department, who are dedicated to helping foreign residents with the official aspects of their life in Spain. They can offer practical assistance with items such as getting your NIE number and registering for schools and usually have multilingual staff who can speak your language and make the settling in process a lot easier.
- Networking and Business Organisations – The official voice of British businesses in Spain is the British Chamber of Commerce in Spain. They are very active in the big cities and have a group operating on the Costa del Sol as well, with regular networking and training events in Marbella and Malaga. This is just one of many excellent networking and business groups operating on the Costa del Sol, which provide a highly valuable support network and fellow professionals that you can look to for advice and collaborations to grow your fledgling business. CADE in Marbella is another place to look if you’re setting up a business on the Costa del Sol. It is a centre for entrepreneurship and is set up for international business people and can give practical help and support with everything from registering your business to sourcing investment and partnering with other businesses.
- Citizens Advice Bureau Spain – This charity has been set up to provide independent advice, information and support for anyone living in Spain. They have an excellent website and social media pages with lots of useful information for expats.
- HomeRentalontheWeb – We are here to help Brits moving over to Spain to find their perfect long-term rental and also to put everything in place to start their life here as they mean to go on. Our experienced team have lived and worked in the area for many years and we’ve all been through what you’re going through. This experience, our language skills, contacts and of course our excellent portfolio of long-term rentals on the Costa del Sol makes us perfectly placed to support you before you arrive and as you get established.